- Customer Service Technician (Tax Technician 1)
- Human Resources (HR) Generalist
- Responsible for the delivery of a variety of human resources (HR) management functions and duties in areas such as employment, payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, or other special projects.
We employ a team of more than 250 professionals in a variety of customer service-related positions. Most of our employees begin as Tax Technician 1s in one of our branch offices located throughout Pinellas. Tax Technician 1 duties may include:
- Processing property tax payments
- Conducting road tests and issuing driver licenses
- Issuing motor vehicle registrations and titles
- Successful candidates for employment must be detail-oriented and thorough, have excellent computer skills, be able to multitask, and enjoy working with the public in a busy, fast-paced, professional office environment. Tax Technician 1 positions are part of the classified service and start at $18.26/hour.
Occasionally, we also have openings for professionals in various support departments, including Human Resources, Budget and Finance, Communications, and Information Technology.
Tax Technician 1 minimum qualifications include:
- One year of experience in an automated office environment, retail sales, or a related customer service/cash handling field OR
- 1-year college-level coursework that includes courses in finance, accounting, business, or computer courses and training OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class E or above Florida driver license in good standing
The Tax Collector’s Office (TCO) offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Group life, health (medical, pharmacy, vision), and dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) pension and investment plan
- Accrued annual leave
- 9-11 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reward and recognition program
- A wellness program
- Credit union membership
- Employee discount program
As part of the Pinellas County Unified Personnel System, applicants wishing to be considered for employment must apply online through the Pinellas County Government Career Center. From this page, you may search for job openings under the Appointing Authority heading “TCO: Tax Collector” to see if we are currently recruiting for Customer Service Technician or other positions. If no current openings exist, you may complete a general application and monitor that website, subscribe to the RSS feed, or set up Job Alerts to notify you each time a new job is posted, so that you may more easily apply.