Skip to Main Content
Customers must renew their Florida driver license or ID card every eight years and can renew up to 18 months in advance
  • The expiration date is listed on the front of your driver license or ID card

Renew Online

Renew Your Driver License or ID online!


** Please note – this online portal is managed by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). You will need to sign up for an account in order to access these services.

What requires an office visit?

  • Last renewal completed online
  • Not REAL ID compliant
  • Want a new photo
  • Name change with an original or certified court order or marriage certificate
  • Add or remove a designation
  • Court order to update license or ID
  • First time Florida driver license, commercial driver license, or ID card
  • Driver license/ID has the word “TEMPORARY” on it
  • Stolen driver license/ID (requires a police report)

Lost or Stolen Driver Licenses or ID Cards

  • If your driver license or ID card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you should apply for a replacement immediately
  • Depending on your situation, you may be able to replace your license or ID card online
  • Fees vary from “no fee” to $31.25, depending on your situation
  • Stolen licenses or IDs can be replaced for free with:
    • A police report that states the license or ID was stolen including a case number
    • A law enforcement business card with the case number
    • Another official document that proves that your license was stolen
    • Stolen licenses or IDs with a police report cannot be processed online

Vision Tests

  • For original licenses, and at the time of each renewal license, your eyesight will be tested by the driver license examiner, or you may provide a Report of Eye Exam Form 72010 completed by a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist, or physician
  • The minimum visual acuity standard is 20/70 in either eye or both eyes together - with or without corrective lenses (if vision cannot be improved)
    • If your visual acuity is 20/50 or worse in either eye (with or without corrective lenses) you MUST have Report of Eye Exam Form 72010 completed by an eye specialist
    • If one eye is blind or 20/200 or worse, the other eye must be 20/40 or better
  • Drivers over 80 years of age must submit FLHSMV Vision Examination Form 72119 when renewing their driver license or take the vision test at their local driver license office

Address Change

  • You may be able to update your address on your driver license, commercial driver license, or ID card online using MyDMV Portal
  • If you cannot renew online, you must visit our office (Please note: appointments are encouraged and prioritized - schedule one online)
    • Please bring two documents that prove your address:
      • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, or payment booklet or rental agreement
      • Florida voter registration card
      • Florida vehicle registration or title
      • W-2 form or 1099
      • Utility bill, hook up, or work order
      • Automobile or homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
      • Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings, or investment account statements
      • Medical or health card with address
      • Letter from shelter or half-way house verifying applicant lives at this address
      • Educational transcripts
      • Certification of Address form

Name Change

  • If you need to change your name, you must first change it with Social Security
  • 24 hours after changing your name with Social Security, you can visit one of our offices (Please note: appointments are encouraged and prioritized - schedule one online)
  • The required documents for name changes are:
    • U.S. passport in your new name, or
    • Original or certified name change documents for all name changes (marriage, divorce, adoption, legal name change, etc.)
      • Church marriage documents are not acceptable
    • If there have been multiple name changes, you will need to bring all name change documents that show a continuous link from birth name to current legal name
Back to top