The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s office is dedicated to giving back to the Pinellas community it serves. Check out what’s going on now and coming up in the future.
Kids Tag Art
Interested in becoming a Kids Tag Art Pinellas Community Partner for the 2022-2023 school year? You can view the sponsor packet for details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
About the Program
- Kids Tag Art Pinellas is a partnership between the Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office, Pinellas County Schools, and generous community sponsors.
- It allows 5th-grade students to become real-world designers, creating unique front license plate designs in art class that can be printed on real metal plates.
- These plates are not real license plates but vanity plates for the front of your car.
- Proceeds from tag sales and sponsorships are donated to the participating art classrooms.
- The Pinellas County Tax Collector’s Office launched Kids Tag Art Pinellas in 2015. Since its inception, the office has raised more than $200,000 for Pinellas County Schools' elementary art programs.
- In addition to raising funds, Kids Tag Art Pinellas is also a juried art competition, with winners from each school honored at an annual award ceremony every January.
- 100% of the proceeds from tag sales and sponsorships go directly to local elementary art programs to fund art supplies, art-themed field trips, and art enrichment programs.
- Kids Tag Art Pinellas helps elementary art teachers avoid having to pay for supplies out of pocket, and it also ensures that local children have access to quality art supplies and activities, which helps to encourage creative development.
How to Purchase a Plate
- Plates go on sale mid-November at kidstagartpinellas.org.
- Search by student first name, school name, or search "Teacher” for art teacher designs.
- Plates cost $16 each plus shipping and handling.
Key Accomplishments from 2020-2021
- 39 schools participated – a great accomplishment when facing a pandemic!
- 1,147 students created an original license plate design
- More than $200,000 raised in just six years
- ~800,000 Kids Tag Art Pinellas inserts were distributed in vehicle registration renewals
- Each participating classroom received funds to be used for art supplies and/or art-related projects!
Many thanks to the community partners that are making the Kids Tag Art Pinellas 2021-2022 program possible!
If you are interested in becoming a Kids Tag Art Pinellas Community Partner for the 2022-2023 school year, you can view the sponsor packet for details or contact email@example.com to learn more.
Support the Program by Purchasing a Plate!
Support the Program by Making a Donation!
2022 Pinellas County Tax Collector Charity
Each year, our employees nominate and select one charity to support all year long. Money is raised through various fundraising activities throughout the year.
2022 Promotional Branch Office Campaigns
Additionally, non-profit organizations are selected from a pool of applicants for a one-month promotion in our branch offices.
February: Florida Heart Research Foundation
March: Preserve Vision Florida
April: Lauren’s Kids
August: Donate Life
September: Family First
October: Florida Breast Cancer Foundation