An appointment is required for road test services. Please note, these appointments are in high demand and book quickly. Please check back periodically for availability or you may contact a state-approved private testing facility for both written and road test services. See details below.
* In the event of inclement weather, road tests will be suspended for the safety of the tester and examiner.
- Starting in November - Tester must live in Pinellas County - ID required at check-in
- Tester must hold a learner's license for one year OR be at least 18 years old at time of testing
- Tester must provide the vehicle they will be testing in
- Bring proof of valid vehicle insurance and the current registration for the vehicle
- Bring your learner’s license (or other valid proof of identification)
- Licensed driver, 21 or older, must accompany you and bring their valid driver license
- Additional occupants (including children) and/or pets are not permitted in the vehicle during the test
^^^If the above requirements are not met, we will not be able to conduct the road test and you will have to reschedule.
Approved Third-Party Road Test Services in Pinellas*
6479 102nd Ave N
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
- Ph #: 407-566-8713
*Additional fees may apply.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) has a list of approved private testing facilities throughout the state. Please contact them directly for details about the services they offer. Additional fees will apply.
IMPORTANT: The Pinellas tax collector's office is not affiliated with these facilities. Please address any issues or questions related to service, fees, etc. directly with the applicable entity.